As you already know, the teeth that you have now need to last you a lifetime, so you need to care for them well in order to have a healthy smile. Once you head down the wrong path, your smile can suffer from many problems such as cavities, gingivitis and even gum disease. Let this article be the start of something great for your teeth and gums.
- Opt for a soft bristle toothbrush to help get your teeth the cleanest. Additionally, allow your toothbrush to air dry after use to help prohibit the growth of bacteria. Place it in a holder where the brush is not touching anything.
- Adults over fifty years of age should use mouthwash that is free of alcohol. Alcohol can burn an older person’s sensitive mouth. Use mouthwashes without alcohol and that contain fluoride. Rinse with it twice a day to see the best results.
- Brush your teeth after each meal. If you do not brush your teeth soon after eating, your teeth may be damaged. Brush within 30 minutes of your last meal for the best results. This means less toothache down the road.
As this article has shown, you must protect your dental health. Apply what you’ve just learned to keep your healthy smile for years to come.
Visit these other pages:
- Lakewood Orthodontics on Facebook
- Lakewood Orthodontics on Twitter
- Lakewood Orthodontics on Google+
- Lakewood Orthodontics on Behance